Saturday, April 24, 2010

Feliz cumpleaños madre!

It's my mom's birthday and to follow suit, here are some things I have learned from her so far.

a. how to spell exaggerate (with a hilarious mnemonic device that now seems very dirty)
b. how to be a woman leader in the church
c. how to shave my legs
d. how to be creative (you don't have to buy everything, you can make stuff)
e. that having less stuff can make your life bigger
f. that even an old barn looks good with a little paint on it (it's an inside joke about makeup)
g. how to throw awesome themed parties
h. that sometimes it's best to give everything you have until you can't give anymore and sometimes it's not.
i. that being realistic/practical is sometimes just as important as dreaming big
j. how to have confidence in myself and my abilities

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love You, Mom.
What a great Birthday Surprise. These could be chapters in my autobiography. ha ha ha ha ha.