Thursday, April 22, 2010

Delicious Randomness

Well, fattening randomness but delicious all the same.

Paul was out of town for a conference Tuesday and Wednesday so I thought I’d eat my all-time favorite guilty pleasure for dinner Tuesday night.

A Braum’s cheeseburger with fries and a coke.

I mean, we are talking about the epitome of a perfect fast food trinity here.

Is it wrong to use the word “trinity” when referring to something so unhealthy and disgraceful when it is typically used for something incredibly holy? I hope not, because I just did it.

Well, where this story is really going is, I had another delicious “Braum’s trinity” last night for dinner and to top it off, a scoop of bright blue birthday cake flavored ice cream. As much as I haven’t been paying attention to health care reform and am really not largely in favor of how we are going about it, I think it might be a good idea now because I need to go have my body flushed to get rid of the insane amount of caloric intake I have had and if I could do it for as cheap as the hamburger dinner cost me, that would be GREAT.

Needless to say, today, I am disgusted with the way I fit into all of my clothes and have decided it’s time to get back on the wagon. I am not going on a diet because I hate the word. I’m just going to stop eating like I have two weeks to live. Although, the Art Festival is in full swing and Oklahoma City better watch out if I don’t get myself, at the least, a funnel cake. But after that, healthy wholesome eating, for real.

No pictures of the kitchen this post, or the last three for that matter. I should have pictures to share, but I have been so lazy about pulling them off of the camera. I want a camera that takes the photo, doesn’t bother storing it; it just sends it via Wi-Fi directly to my laptop. Yea, that would be great.

Last night, after my second indulgence, I stained a wooden step stool in our kitchen to match our kitchen cabinets and have another coat to apply tonight along with picking up the rug I want for the kitchen at the mall. We’ll also be watching some Thunder/Laker action in between touching up the crown molding and electrical work. Our kitchen is so close to being done I can almost taste it.

Oh! And remember how I was talking about the salt keeper I have wanted since forever ago when I found it in Kansas City with Paul?
Well, it showed up on my front door step last night. It is so pretty and you better believe it has already been filled with salt and waiting to be used. A gift from my book loving sister-in-law who is probably curious to know if I finished the book yet and the answer to that would be, not even close.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, I'm on this total eating healthy kick (I know, kill me) so that I can work off the baby weight (Kendall is ONLY 2 and half!). In a text yesterday, I told a friend that I was about to punch someone in the face if I didn't get a braums cheeseburger, fries and milkshake.

I didn't eat one but I'm so glad you did. Good girl.