Saturday, March 20, 2010

march 20th - the day of birth (figuratively and literally)

It's the first day of spring and it's a day for Willson-family births! Today is my dad's birthday (and it's my cousin Melissa's birthday too)! Never caught the connection of having a baby on the first day of Spring, when everything blooms and comes to life until I wrote my post title...cheesy, but I like it!

In honor of my dad's birthday, I am going to tell you what I've learned and gained from having him in my life.



a. how to mow the yard and use a weed eater
b. how to drive (exceptionally well, might I add)
c. my type A blood and type A personality
d. how to respect people's opinions even if I don't really agree with them
e. how to letter (architecturally)
f. my love of buildings, floorplans, sections and details
g. how to be the person I need to be, whether or not it's cool or popular
h. my ability to get through an airport like a champ
i. how to walk my talk
j. that you can make playing the trumpet pretty darn cool

Happy birthday daddy! Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool post! I'm glad I get to share a birthday with him!!