Sunday, April 11, 2010

mossy monograms

I've always liked moss covered accessories. Accent balls, floral arrangements, topiary pieces and lately, monograms seem to make me smile. I decided Thursday that I wanted a moss covered "R" for our front door for a party we're going to have soon. It would fit the theme nicely. So I got online and did some searching and found multiple places that sold them including a number of sellers on Etsy (like the one seen below).

After looking at quite a few plant covered wood pieces, I decided I could make one. It couldn't be that hard. A wooden letter, some moss, a hot glue gun and ribbon.

I was right, it wasn't that hard. I got the moss, ribbon and letter at Hobby Lobby on my lunch hour and used my trusty hot glue gun to put it all together. I spent $8.00 on the project and for the same sized letter from the cheapest Etsy shop I could find, I would have spent $25.00 plus shipping.


I saved $17.00 on something that I would have bought just for ease. And that would have been an awful reason to buy it too since it was one of the easiest projects I've ever made. It was definitely not hard enough to have to pay someone else to do it for me.

Saving the 17 bucks made me feel good as I ate out for all three meals on Thursday (please understand that was said with shame) and I dropped quite a few hundred on a slab of marble that morning too. I like saying that. I bought a slab of marble.

Side note: This also qualifies for number 93! Slowly chipping away at that one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

VERY cute! I might just have to make one for my door :)