Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"why grandmother, what big eyes you have!"

Addison is off to visit her grandparents tomorrow for an extended weekend.

She's been to my parent's house once before on her own, but I had the stomach flu and was not conscious enough to realize what was going on, nor was I awake long enough to really miss her. When I did come around and realize that she was gone it was hard for her to not be with me.

This time, I'm willingly sending her down to Texas for a few days and I'm starting to get sad.

Paul and I have plans to work on our house and we'll be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary while she is off being spoiled. I know she'll have a great time and I know it'll be good for Paul and I to get time to be a couple again and to celebrate the last five years of ups and downs.

Wednesday night we take miss little red riding hood down to her grandma's (and grandpa's) house. That's where the similarities to the old story will end though (I hope). Got it mom & dad? No big scary wolf, I'd prefer her to stay out of the woods and lets keep her away from men with axes. Ok, I think I covered all the rules.

Stamp (and image) found on Etsy

No comments: