Monday, June 7, 2010

My mom always said "If you don't have anything nice to say, then shut it."

I'm not about to say anything nice. I just need an outlet to vent today.

I want to write about my office so badly it causes a creative block for other things. Knowing the story of Dooce and how well her getting fired from her job worked out for her after she wrote about her co-workers and her job is comforting however; I don’t seem to quite grasp the concept of making a living blogging every day. I just don’t have the internet following, nor do I think I ever will.
I need to write a book or maybe a screenplay about the people I work with. And maybe publish it under a pen name. You’d read it. It would be funny and then I’d be rich.

Today has been one of those days at the office. Can you tell?

In related blogging topics, I don’t understand how it is that a newlywed couple created a blog, started charging people $250 to look at two or three photos, draw a shoddy, unscaled, wavy lined sketch of a floorplan and use Photoshop to copy and paste the same furniture pieces and artwork (from Target and Crate and Barrel) over and over again. Do you know how well I could do YHL mood boards and floorplans and in probably less the time and with a to-scale floorplan that doesn’t look like my cat drew it?

I’m just bitter. The two of them stay home with a newborn and blog and make mood boards for people all over the US because they have good taste when they remodel their own home.

I went to school for it and am working an eight to five job (design job yes, but come on) with no one knocking down my door to do an internet color board for them. Jealous. I’m just jealous.

I’d stay at home and do mood boards and floorplans for people for $250.00 a pop. And they’d be good.

So there.

NOTE: This is one of those posts that I should have saved for a few days. After cooling down, I should have come back to read it and then laugh at myself and delete it. But I'm too into it right now to not just send it out there, envy and all.

No comments: