Friday, February 5, 2010

let the sun shine in...

The sun is shining in Oklahoma City for the first time in what seems like months. Collectively today, most of us (co-workers, friends, etc.) have decided that the sun is making a huge change in everyone's moods. I can definitely tell with my own mood. I'm having one of the best days I've had in a long time and nothing even remotely spectacular has occurred. All I want to do today is run errands and be in and out and moving around enjoying the sun outside but the warmth indoors. If my husband could personally thank the sun for shining and putting me in such a good mood I think he would. He might even send it a bottle of wine or a fruit basket.

I spent the morning in and out of the office for both work related and personal activities. I went and saw a friend who works at OC and went to chapel with her (because we’re nerds and miss it). Then I met my brother (who I was texting during chapel…he was there too so don’t give me the tisk tisk face) for lunch and then tried bubble tea for the first time at a small place in Edmond called CafĂ© de Taipei. Tapioca balls, really? Strangest thing I’ve ever had but not bad I suppose. I got a kiwi slush from this place too and it was made with real fruit and is delicious.
Now I am back at work, trying to get into the swing of my project while jamming out to my Ben Folds station on Pandora. Pandora is by far the most wonderful iPhone app ever.

I love being in a good mood.

No comments: