Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ja, alstublieft

Today, I am missing Europe. More than I ever imagined I would miss it.

It's cold and dreary here. It's cold and dreary there. I would rather be there.

I told Paul it probably has something to do with the music I am listening to today. It is making for a very reflective (and unproductive) day. I wish I was sitting in Museumplien on the cafe's Tolix chairs eating a waffle covered in fruit, drinking coffee and listening to this music instead of at my desk trying to get around floorplans, RFPs, and room finish schedules.


I want to go home after work, pack a bag and show up at the airport ready to purchase a ticket. It wouldn't matter what city I landed in, I just want to go (and the the idea of the UK/Ireland/Scotland in 2012 is like waiting for Christmas for an 8 year old, misreable).

Why don't people take sabbaticals anymore?

No comments: