Monday, February 8, 2010

and we call him 'Squatter'

Attention all animals in the 500 block of 20th Street in Oklahoma City: If you have owners who leave you outside in the freezing cold, I am sorry but I do not want to house you in my basement anymore. Please go back to your respective homes and cry at your owner's doors. I feel for you but can not love you all.


This little (actually big) guy has been frequenting our basement during the winter storms here of late (as have multiple other cats). He's very friendly but is driving not only Paul and I, but our cats absolutely nuts! We've given him a name. Don't they tell you not to do that?! That's always the first sign that you'll end up keeping it, right? WE ARE NOT KEEPING HIM. To the girls down the street: feed your cat and give him a warm bed when it's snowing outside. Come on, just look at that face!


So, how's the kitchen coming you ask? Well, we're at a stand still. I mean we're working on it but it's all behind the scenes right now. We got our new refrigerator this past weekend and I was happier than a nerdy school girl with new school supplies. I love new refrigerators for some reason. We also changed out all of the light switches and electrical sockets and plates so that they all match and are up to date. Cabinets have been on order for two weeks now and should be here in another two to three weeks and we stopped by AG&M to pick out our marble counter! (Ours will be a little less vein-y than that, but its a Carrara either way and is gorgeous!) I'd show you photos (like some of you have asked for) but there is nothing to show except for the disaster that we are trying to live with until we finish. Our dining room and kitchen are looking awfully pathetic. In between the wine glasses there are pots, pans and packages of ramen noodles next to paint brushes and screwdrivers. The floor is covered in cans of paint, ladders, shop vacs and boxes full of spices and cereal. Sounds like a party, no?

I started Defensive Driving online tonight to get rid of that ticket I got back in November. Word to the wise, do not start the course the week before it is due. Although I have already flown through the first four chapters tonight, the fact that I have to cram it all in in one week makes it seem much, much worse than it probably is.

No comments: