Sunday, January 17, 2010

period light fixtures

I am in love with Rejuvenation. Like real love, this is no infatuation here.

I found them while flipping through an issue of This Old House almost a year ago and immediately hoped online to view their products. Since then, I have been obsessed with their products and their company. There are very few lighting companies that produce quality, "vintage" fixtures that are still somewhat affordable.

I purchased the Rhone and Jefferson fixtures for our kitchen in black enamel with the classic schoolhouse opal shade at the end of December and received both of them this week. I was thrilled when they got to the house but fell a little bit more in love when I saw this:



I know their website says "handcrafted" and "finished by hand" but I mean, really? How often does that really happen? Well, both of my light fixtures came with their little tags and the signatures of the guys that made them and my heart just melted. I put the fixtures back into their boxes, all wrapped up in their bubble wrap to keep them safe until we're ready to put them up. It was a bit defeating to have to package them back up.

These light fixtures are two of the five things I plan to pay full price for (no designer discount on these), that is how much I love them.

If you are in the market for period fixtures or hardware check them out. Schoolhouse Electric also has great stuff. I am more drawn to them (Schoolhouse) graphically than I am Rejuvenation but when purchasing online, I felt way less confident about ordering custom light fixtures. I couldn't see everything together where as with Rejuvenation, I could create my fixture on the screen and guarantee it was exactly what I wanted (all in one screen, no tabbing either).

No comments: