Wednesday, January 20, 2010

more than surviving - in case you were wondering

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. - CS Lewis

Over the last few days I have been so blessed to have so many friends call, email and text me just to check-in and see if I was feeling better. I know that I have lots of friends (here and out of town) but was overwhelmed by their concern and their lunch dates and plans. And since I am surviving, I am finding them quite valuable. Yes, quite.

I also received some awesome flowers at work yesterday from my in-laws as a "thank you" for sending Paul to help take care of his dad after his surgery. I am also feeling blessed to be a part of their family. It's always good to still feel that way a few years after marriage, right?!

I am also keeping up with my exercise plan. Today was a bit miserable because I got shin splints for the first time in my life. Talk about an awful feeling. But I am going to stick with it and make it work. Plus we only have 58 some odd days until we go to the Dominican and would like to be in a new swim suit by that time.

No comments: