Thursday, January 21, 2010

kitchen art

Ok, ok I am learning my lesson. As soon as I have an idea for a post, I need to follow through. Either I forget about it or someone else beats me to it. Last week I had a spare hour and found tons of photos of great bookcases filled with books. I was going to write an entire post about them but never did. I still planned to, that was until Urban Grace beat me to it. I'll post some of the ones she didn't post later but until then I'm going to talk about my kitchen again.

We changed our minds. Mainly because our wallet said to. We're going with dark espresso cabinets and shelves instead of white (and that's the only change). The millwork contractor can get me the dark cabinets for almost $800 dollars cheaper than the white ones. Can't argue with that! Big changes are coming!

I am having some trouble finding artwork for a blank wall however. I want something unique. Something no one else has. I want something that makes the whole space perfect. See the pressure I have put on myself? How in the world am I supposed to find something now?! This is the top runner right now:



This is an advertisement from the US Food Administration in 1914 pushing for conservation during the war. The house was built in 1914 and therefore it is very fitting in regards to time. We are also striving to follow all those rules so it would be good to have it in our face everyday.

I also love this wallpaper from Anthropologie. I do not however want to pay $620.00 for it especially since I would probably only use the fork or the spoon and I wouldn't even install it as intended. Maybe I can create something close to it on a canvas.

Decisions, decisions. I also like the subway sign type styled art.


The only issue with the subway art is that it is starting to get popular. Do I go with it anyways? We've also talked about framing some of the Eames House of Cards pieces we just got from Paul's grandmother. They're the medium sized cards - never been opened (until I got my hands on them of course). It would be unique to say the least...

No comments: