Tuesday, November 10, 2009

weekend recap

This past weekend my mother walked fifty miles. How awesome is that?! I can't even begin to explain to you how proud I am of her or how it emphasizes the kind of person she is. She participated in The 3 Day in Dallas after training for several months. I am absolutely blown away by her determination and her heart. This is one of the many reasons I am ok with starting to be like my mother.

In other news, Paul turned twenty-nine on Sunday. He did not get to celebrate too much however because we were cramming in those last little to-do items before his parents arrived (like painting the front porch and mopping the kitchen floor). We did however celebrate once they arrived with presents, cards and a Thunder game (where we killed the Orlando Magic). I got him a tie from a company that operates out of Detriot and screen prints their ties to order. They have unique motifs and if you have a guy thats tired of the striped tie, their tag line reads, "Ties that don't suck" which is quite appropriate. I bought him the "helicopter" but he also owns the "wind turbine".

Remember these? My mother-in-law got them for me including a watch from Switzerland and a large glass bowl from the Art Museum in Chicago for my birthday. Im pretty excited about those clips and can't wait to get them up on my fridge.

No comments: