Monday, September 14, 2009

chills make me smile

Today, the weather made my chest hurt. Which is a good thing. I love fall. All day long I heard "oh this weather is so depressing" and "I wish I didn't sit next to a window today" and I thought are these people nuts?! It wasn't cold out today but it was cloudy and damp and every time I looked out the window a huge smile came across my face. All I wanted to do this afternoon was go shopping for sweaters, scarves and boots.

A few weeks ago when we went shopping everyone had fall clothes out. And as much as I love fall, I still had a summer trip coming up and was not ready to buy jackets and orange. Plus it was 90 something degrees outside when we were there. But a week later my fall officially started (the morning we left for Michigan). I went to get my hair cut before heading out and was early for my appointment and decided to run next door for a coffee at Starbucks. And wouldn't ya know, that little chalk board sent from heaven read "Pumpkin Spice Latte". Yes, please. Since then, fall has been non-existent around here until today. Well unfortunately for my husband, the urge to go shopping took over after work but it was the weathers fault! I got drapes for the bedroom that I need to install tonight and a new sweater and necklace.

Oh how I love fall. Have I mentioned that?

No comments: