Thursday, August 6, 2009

What a crazy pregnant girl sounds like before she's even positive she's pregnant...

Let me clarify a couple of things before you finish this post. We are NOT pregnant. My monthly friend took it's sweet precious time to get here but it is here now so once again, we are NOT pregnant. Next, we do not know when we are going to try or get pregnant so do NOT get excited, yet. I'll let you know when the time is appropriate for giddiness. I was cleaning out my inbox and sent items folder at work and found this email that was written a month ago when we thought we might be. See that last bit of that line? "Thought we might be...". That's an important line to remember. The last thing I need from this blog is people going to my parents or my in-laws all giddy about Paul and I getting pregnant. Hold off people. Ok.

I wrote this in an email (this is only part of it) to my husband after my optomologist prescribed some steriod eye drops for me that recommended you not use if you are or could be pregnant. We thought we might be "with child" as I was eleven days late but didn't know for sure since the tests (and yes that is plural) said negative. Re-reading this made me laugh at how crazy I sounded. (Should be read in sort of a panic stricken tone).


I called the doctor's office and the receptionist was A) rude and B) asked the doctor for me and told me "he thinks you'll be fine..." BUT get this, I'll have to get a new eye prescription if I am pregnant because it could change. Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it lady but if you kill my fetus with this eye drop first, then I won't be back for an eye appointment. EVER. I think the eye doctor either thinks its not a big deal or is just too lazy to do another one. But I feel like this is not an issue to be relaxed about. I am incredibly worked up over this for some reason and I don't know why. I am emotional and sweaty and argh. I just refuse to jeopardize this if it is or if it is to be.


I was at the office when I wrote this email and not only was I sort of yelling/crying at the nurse out in the hall for wanting me to get a new glasses prescription when I was so concerned with the state of my maybe non-existent child, I really was sweating and things just kept getting worse. For example, I used the word "argh" like a pirate. I also like my ending there, nine two letter words in a row. Who writes like that? A panic stricken 23 year old girl who thinks she could be pregnant and refuses to let some B-list eye doctor ruin that for her, that's who.

I got a kick out of re-reading it and thought you might too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bless your heart lol ...