Sunday, August 2, 2009

b-e-a-utiful weekend

This weekend is going down in the books ladies and gentlemen. Please note that nothing of significance happened this weekend.The house is still incredibly filthy and the laundry is still sitting in large piles on the bedroom floor (to which the cats are not complaining). Yesterday after I gave all that talk about getting up and cleaning the house, I sat on my rear and watched the ends of two or three various movies on television and then read Harry Potter as I laid on the front porch swing waiting for the husband to get home. I could sleep on that swing if it was just a foot longer. Once he got home from his golf tournament we proceeded to take a two hour nap. Five o'clock on Saturday evening, we finally decided to crawl out of bed and go grab some dinner and do our grocery shopping. I LOVE grocery shopping. The evening ended with some rather chunky orange no bake blobs (instead of no bake orange balls, which aren't supposed to be chunky) and a line that went something like this: "you can't unload the dishwasher angry! Go watch TV, just let me do it!", and watching golf.

Today was a smooth morning and a great day at church. Got a car wash, came home and made a delicious lunch.


I am about to head out for a baby shower (30 minutes north of our house) which means I'll be gone for two hours to spend just one hour at the shower. Bleh. The house will probably stay dirty all week at least until next Saturday comes and we go through the same cleaning debate. But as I stated earlier, if I went back to do it all again, I wouldn't have changed anything about this weekend.

No comments: