Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Progress is needed.

Due to my work load at the office (my commercial work) taking up so much of my time over the last year I have not spent a lot of time finishing our house or playing with other people's homes. I miss residential design quite a bit and sometimes wish I could go back to my little fabric showroom and enjoy a 35 hour week, art, accessories and gorgeous fabrics.

I am glad I am doing the work I am doing and I love the project I am on. I still get to pick art and furniture and everything I would do if I was doing homes but there is just a huge difference between the two (commercial and residential). I plan to go back to that showroom some day or maybe something like it but for now I need to enjoy my humongous projects and the awesome opportunities that they bring.

I feel like remodeling, or maybe just painting. Every time someone I know moves or remodels, I get the bug. I love moving and re-doing (sick, right?). One of my co-workers has up and decided she is going to sell her house and move, so of course I want to too. Just no time right now, nor do we need to make a move. I just need to keep chipping away at this house until its time to leave.

I've decided to finish our bathroom by getting the tub refinished (its the original claw foot tub) and painting the floor. I love our painted wood floors in the kitchen and office and even though our restroom isn't large, I could save a lot of money by painting the bathroom floor rather than trying to have the tub moved for tiling and getting it to work with our sub floor. Those two items should be easy to complete and maybe I can get them both knocked out before we go to Europe. My fingers are crossed.

I've also decided to grout the brick that is falling out of the wall surrounding our porch this Saturday morning. That way it can cure by the time I get around to purchasing the paint to get the exterior of the house done. I am pretty excited about getting that done, however I am sure as soon as I am an hour into painting the brick and trim, I will have had enough, go inside to get some air and let the husband finish. Yea, I'm that girl.

No comments: