Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Knocking Off #100

After a long day (including the flooded office) the only thing I wanted to do after I got off was to relax. I met Paul at Iguana for a fabulous dinner where we briefly discussed our days as his was much more exciting (in a good way) than mine was. Paul made a comment about how he thought it was strange that Iguana had become "our" neighborhood restaurant. The more I think about it, I suppose I would have to agree. Even though the food is fabulous and I could eat it a few times a week without getting tired of it, it isn't really as local (in relation to our house) as I had originally thought. With Midtown popping out restaurants every other week I am surprised we haven't picked something to be our regular place instead. Maybe the highly anticipated Big Truck Tacos will prove to be stiff competition. We love food.

My friend Jodi took this photo while she was here visiting in June.

We also decided to knock another one of my list items off. What better way to end that long and stressful day than to spend it on the front porch in 80 degree weather drinking lemonade? Granted, Paul and I have spent many nights sitting out on our front porch. We have sat there at least once in every Oklahoman season (hot and cold). We have watched it rain and snow and we have sat there long enough you could say we watched the grass grow. We also love to watch neighbors...ya know, like critically watch. But we've never sipped lemonade the way people probably did 95 years ago when there was nothing better to do on July 28th at 9:00 pm. So we did it and it was great fun.





So, it has been knocked off and I'm feeling relaxed. I love ending a standard Wednesday evening feeling relaxed and happy.

No comments: