Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekending in Tahlequah and a minor fit

This past weekend Paul and I and 7 other couples from our church class packed up and headed to the Illinois river for the weekend.

It started off as a disaster for yours truly.

A few days before we were going to leave, there seemed to be some confusion in the plan on how we were all getting there. Paul and I had thought we we're settled with a few other couples on carpooling but it seemed it had changed or morphed or grown and everyone was confused. I asked the boy to look into it which resulted in a lack of handling (the way I would have handled it). I threw a hissy fit because I didn't want to drive after an 8 hour day of work when I needed to get up and move around every 30 minutes to keep comfortable. Driving more than 45 minutes has started to get miserable because I can't shift a lot. Yet it was 6:30 Friday evening and I found myself in the driver seat of the Highlander packed with girls from our class.

Instead of just going with it, the husband decided to be smooth (it was a little late for that) and after more shuffling and a few quiet curse words to myself and an almost full on scene of water works we were on our way, me not driving but very, very furious.

After we got there everything was great and everyone had a really great time. It was just getting there that was the problem.

I struggled over the weekend a lot with what my friend Lauren would call "super insecure junior high Christa" syndrome and I felt like I was back at summer camp when I was twelve and my best friend Vanessa had ditched me for much cooler friends with cooler clothes and jewelry. I also for the first time did not like being pregnant.

My doctor is easy going. No rules really. There was no packet, there was no list of do's and don'ts but the only thing she has flat out told me not to do was float in the Illinios river because of the bacteria. So 15 out of 16 people would be floating and Christa would not be one of them.

So while they went to float, I picked up breakfast for us for the next morning, got my eyebrows waxed and also grabbed our lunch for Saturday from Subway.

We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out, eating and playing games. The guys? A nice game of Mexican Train. The girls? Well, the girls played a ridiculously scandalous game of "Say Anything". I don’t think I’ve ever blushed so much in my life and if you know me, you know it takes quite a bit to shame me.

No comments: