Saturday, September 4, 2010

Urban Picnic-ing

This guy makes me smile. A lot. I mean gut wrenching smiling where it makes my rib cage sore.

 

This afternoon after watching Michigan pummel the University of Connecticut, we hopped in the car, picked up some chicken, potato salad, sodas and a couple of choice desserts and spent the evening Paul style. We took the two minute drive to downtown and had dinner in an "urban park". It was beautiful outside and we spent the next hours walking up and down the streets and driving around with our windows open. We spent as much time as possible outside before we headed back to the house.

And here I am, in all of my new skinny jean glory. Never in my life have I owned a pair of skinny jeans. Never. I have never liked the way I looked in them. Until today of all days. I hated the idea of buying maternity clothes today. It was like shopping for a wig. I don't do it, so I couldn't tell you even where to start. I was not a big fan of trying to figure out what size jeans I wore and asking for help was not an option. But I grabbed a couple pairs of jeans, went in the dressing room and came out in these puppies. Paul loved them and so they got purchased. Why I want to wear them now of all times, when I am rounder and plumper than ever is beyond me but I like them. And it'll make boot season a lot easier to handle. Jamming jeans down into boots was always a pain in the butt. So if that saves that trouble alone, maybe they were worth it. 

And we'll make this my first official maternity, pregnancy photo. We haven't been taken them weekly, because we're busy and to be quite frank, I don't love the way I look yet. The stomach has made its debut but I like it better from certain angles and am waiting for it to round itself out. But, this being the end of my 17th week and with the big ultrasound right around the corner, I thought it wouldn't hurt to show it off.

1 comment:

jryckbost said...

Oh my word you are too cute. And Yes I think we do have the best guys (brothers) ever by our side! This week we are planning out our trip to come see you, your adorable baby belly, Paul AND the nursery (that I have completely fallen in love with)!
ps Ava still LOVES her birthday card! I have to send you a video of her opening and dancing to it.