Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh Hermine, I thought we could have been friends...

Today, it is raining cats and dogs in Oklahoma City.

It started raining early this morning and hasn't stopped. Sometimes it's light rain, sometimes "not so light" isn't even appropriate enough.

For example, a few of us went to lunch with an old co-worker (which we were 40 minutes late to and that's an entirely different story) and when we got done with lunch it was POURING buckets of water from the sky. I'd left my rain coat on the back of my chair because it was only drizzling when we left and I had my umbrella with me so I was fine. Who was I kidding? The three of us had to R-U-N to the car after lunch. The rain was coming down sideways and we we're goners.

Here's how I described the scene to Paul in an email shortly after the incident:

"It’s time to leave and it’s raining harder than I have ever seen it rain. And that parking lot sucked. It took us 30 seconds to get to the car but we were RUNNING and let me just say, I’m wearing four inch heels, skinny jeans that are now suctioned to my body but at the time wouldn’t stay up while I was running, a baby bump that was jiggling all while I was holding onto my purse and running with the umbrella in front of my face because really, that's where the rain was coming from."

Guys, we're talking about so soaking wet, I might as well have jumped into a swimming pool fully clothed, hopped out, picked up my purse and hopped in her Land Rover ready to go back to work. I could squeeze water out of my pants.

Tonight I will A) not be able to get out of these jeans and Paul will have to cut them off of me and/or B) will have a cold.

Thanks Hermine.

No comments: