Monday, May 3, 2010

A Derby Party

In order to keep up with my New New Year's Resolutions, I have to throw some parties and entertain people.

So Saturday night, we did just that!

We celebrated the "greatest two minutes in sports" by throwing a Kentucky Derby party and had so much fun. This was the first time we had people in the house since we had started remodeling the kitchen and we worked up until 45 minutes before their arrival putting everything back together. I was that hostess, ya know, the one still shoving the vacuum cleaner into the hall closet (where we had thrown everything else) and frantically putting on mascara and jewelry while Paul was out picking up last minute food items and the winner's prize. I was glad the first guest to arrive was my friend Tara, who totally understood.





The house was full of red roses, big hats, great "southern" food and drinks with lots of laughter and good stories. I loved it. I love having people in our home. It makes this little building feel more purposeful than just a place where I sleep, eat and dress. 

I unfortunately love to host and enjoy my time with people so much that I take very few photos. Which was a bummer because everyone looked so cute and dressed for the occasion and the table of food was to die for.

2 comments:

jodimichelle said...

Hello fabulous. I would like to move to your neighborhood and wave at your from my porch and have Derby Parties every year and Tea Parties in the spring. With hats. Big ones.

You are wonderful and I love LOVE that you had a derby party. Who did the invites? So awesome.

Christa said...

Ohh JODI! Move to my neighborhood! I'd love to wave at you and the lovely babies everyday! And you better believe that we all had on big hats!

I made the invites and I was pretty dang excited about them. Glad you liked!