Tuesday, April 13, 2010

i have a thing for good fabric...

I bought a few yards of this Sunbrella fabric almost four years ago when I worked at a local bolt store part time. I loved the colors and always had big dreams to do something really cool with it in my backyard. So I put it in my fabric tub for another day and forgot about it.


It sat in that fabric tub until we went to the Dominican. One of the outdoor restaurants/bars at our resort used this fabric as the upholstery on all of their large scale booths and as the accent pillows on the sofas down the veranda (paired with linen colored cushions and espresso wicker furniture - it looked good).  I got so excited about how great it looked (every single time we ate at or walked by the restaurant) that as soon as I got home, I pulled it out of the tub and went to work.


Slowly, went to work that is as real work and other things like the kitchen got in the way. But I made a couple of pillow covers for our front porch swing and am about to tackle cushion covers for the dining chairs we have in the back yard. Lucky for us the fabric looks really great with our umbrella and looks good with the blue of the house (nothing looks good with the green on the house and that's why it's got to go).

So if you're in the market for a good outdoor fabric, Brannon Whisper is a good way to go. I can't find it locally anymore but you can find it here, here or here.

I'm excited for summer this year. Well I am right now. As soon as it hits 108 degrees, I'll be crying for fall but with everything turning green, new flower pots just waiting to be filled and new pillows waiting to be used outside with a good book, I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay..you're going to have to help me decorate my house. I love the pillows! Once we have some money..I'm calling you to help me with the house!