Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a caffeinated kick in the pants

I am on a tea kick right now. I've always liked tea but we are talking about some serious cravings here. I don't drink coffee anymore and I forgot how great caffiene in the morning was until I started this habit. I love what it does for my metabolism and the energy it gives me in the morning. Starting my work days with green tea and ending it with some chamomile I think may be the only way to have a happy life.



From top left to bottom right:

Organic Spearmint and Sage loose leaf tea from The Loose Leaf. I love the way tea smells in tin cans!

Turquoise teapot and cups from Stash (a new favorite for teas).

Letterpress artwork from the talented Jackson Creek Press. Who doesn't love a poster with good typeface?

I know my sister-in-law begged for no one to buy her any more kitchen towels or tea towels but if I lived in Cincinatti like she does, I'd want this printed towel from Etsy.

Um, ok. I want this in every color. I'm not joking. You can buy them for me. I would love you forever.

Ah, the LeCreuset whistling tea kettle. We own this one in cherry (since every other small appliance and pot in our kitchen is cherry) but I am a bit jealous of the other sister-in-law's caribbean collection because I love the color on this kettle.

Don't like LeCreuset? Well, you are nuts, but here's another tea kettle from Mighty Leaf Tea that I've seen great reviews on.

I had this tea for the first time this morning and loved it. You should try it if you run across it at your grocery store!

Last but not least is a matcha bowl from Teavana. I'm not a huge fan of matcha but liked how clean the bowl and whisk looked. We have a Teavana at our mall and I plan to go check it out with my brother when he gets back into town. Apparently he's on a tea kick too. Oh, and Teavana has a free iPhone app that I downloaded today that gives you a tea timer so that you don't over steep your tea and get that acidic flavor when it has been in there too long! What's your favorite kind of tea?!

No comments: