Monday, November 2, 2009

a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils

Good morning November. I am sorry I forgot to tell you yesterday how much I am beginning to like you.

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. Paul woke up with a sinus headache that was pretty wretched and went back to bed as I went to church. Church always makes me happy, especially when we have combined service (1st and 2nd) and there's 1200 people singing and worshiping together. Paul and I had a late lunch at Iguana and spent the afternoon fixing my car (dead battery), planting flowers, raking, and sanding trim on the house. I was in a long sleeve shirt, shorts and flip flops and in heaven. My in-laws are coming on Sunday so I want to make sure everything I have been meaning to do for the month of October gets done in the next few evenings. Wish me luck; the list is long. 

I can't believe that a month ago today we were leaving for Europe. Time has been flying by since I graduated from college and if things don't slow down, I'll be 65 before I know it!

Ok, back to November. You have obviously seen my weird obsession with the fall season but so many wonderful things happen in the fall that I just can't help but love it. Fall is when my life started and I think I grew to love it then. Everything about fall makes me think of family, fresh beginnings and God's amazing ability to do whatever he wants. Plus it makes me think of the movie You've Got Mail and her classic line, "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."

A bouquet of newly sharpened pencils?! How fabulous does that make you feel? Now, I just need a pumpkin spice latte and I'll be set for the day.

No comments: