Saturday, September 12, 2009

Live on the Plaza

Yesterday evening I finished the artwork I was putting together for the mom-to-be that I am hosting the baby shower for and then had an impromptu Chinese dinner with Paul (where I convinced him to go fabric shopping with me). I found the perfect fabrics for my shoe bags and then felt it was only fair to finish the evening doing what he wanted to do. I mean, I did just drag the guy through a fabric store with the strangest ladies in OKC in tow (you know what I am talking about). So we made a stop to get a new map of Amsterdam and then headed to Live on the Plaza where we drank great coffee and felt the pulse of that area come alive once the sun set.
This area is starting to thrive with art galleries, coffee shops and stores. Monday through Friday Paul is in charge of working with the people in this area and therefore we know all sorts of people when we head down there. I found a couple of things I loved and am excited to go back in January to see one of our friends art being showcased at DNA. The coffee kicked me into high gear which got me moving at home but on nothing productive, just my shoe bags. Which are done. I will make hundreds of them if people want them. I love them. So, no french pressed coffee after eight for Christa again because I am pretty sure it was a full hot bath and benadryl later that I finally fell asleep at 2 am.

Found and borrowed the photo from Collected Thread's website.

No comments: