Friday, September 11, 2009

creative play

How vintage Hollywood is this?! I have a ton of projects that I should probably complete before moving on to the more frivolous ones but I am seriously considering jumping past them (the more seriously needed items) in order to make some of these shoe bags for travel. Are they not the most gorgeous things you have ever seen? Betz White shows you how to make them here. Turns out one of my favorite blogs is featuring this item too!
 




Paul is out of town this weekend and I was hoping for some quiet evenings at home, watching whatever movie I wanted, maybe eating ice cream out of the container but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

A) I am back on the weight loss wagon. At the beginning of this year I got on the scale and about had a fit. For those of you that don't know me, I am not one of those girls that is skinny but pretends to be overweight and claims they need to loose weight. My senior year of high school, I gained a lot of weight and since then have struggled to be at a good spot. I have yo-yoed all over the place but this year was going to be different. By April I had lost 20 pounds. Since April I have gained 10 back. So it looks like eating ice cream out of the carton is off of the list. 20 pounds to go. I can seriously do this by the end of the year if I just stay on top of it (yea, I know..."that's what she said").

B) I am going to probably be so swamped with things to do the entire time Paul is gone that I won't have time to pop in a movie. Saturday will be a busy day helping Paul get packed up and getting the house tidied. Paul is also on the board for the Oklahoma University of Michigan Alumni group and there is a football game watch party being hosted at our local fav, Iguana, that we also will be attending. Then he is off and I am going to spend time at the office, help host a baby shower, attend a neighborhood potluck and repaint the front porch, maybe get drapes in the bedroom and make myself some bags for my shoes. I may have to go fabric shopping before because I'm just not quite sure if my huge stash of fabric will cover it. I also want to get a new rug for the bathroom and organize our cabinets in the kitchen. I am already tired thinking about it but very excited.

Paul and I rarely travel without each other yet. However, once a year since we've gotten together, Paul goes to a national conference leaving me at home for anywhere from 3-5 days. As much as my previous post still stands, I enjoy those 3-5 days being at home (especially since I have started my job and I don't have the 'me' time at home before he gets off work that I used to get). I'll miss him, but hooray for doing what I want when I want and not having to coordinate with someone first. Happy weekend!

No comments: