Friday, August 21, 2009

exhausted

What a week. My body and my mind are so exhausted from the events that occurred over the past week that I cannot wait for this weekend to start. I have never been the "working for the weekend" type of girl. I love my line of work and I never want to hate the Monday-Friday routine. But this week, it took everything I had to just make it to today. TGIF people, TGIF.

I have a very sick husband at home right now. We're hoping it is a quick stomach bug as we have plans to go out of town with about 20 friends this weekend. All he has done since he got home yesterday afternoon is sleep, watch TV and lay on the bathroom floor. He absolutely hates being sick but I think the rest is doing him some good. Last night, since he had been in bed since 7pm, I had nothing better to do than to shop online and watch Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, which proved to be somewhat dull. I never realized how much we do together every night and when he isn't capable of doing those things with me, my evenings seem to drag on. Here is what I found online though:
This wasn't the only thing I found, but it might be the only thing I buy. And for $15 (on clearance) I can't really find a reason not to go for it.

There is a lot to take care of this evening before we head out tomorrow morning. I have a dessert that needs to be made for the weekend, a trip to Hobby Lobby to buy decoration supplies for an upcoming Dr. Seuss baby shower, a house to clean, a garage to slightly organize, bags to pack, a lawn to mow and a car to clean out. Why bother with the cleaning of the house, the garage and why mow the lawn you ask?! Well, my parents are helping my brother move back to school tomorrow and we were holding some of his stuff at our house and in our garage for the summer. My mom and my brother are severely allergic to our cats so I don't want them to have a hard time breathing at the house tomorrow trying to get the furniture out. So rugs need to be vacuumed and corners need to be swept. And the garage is where they are storing their very large TV, that over the course of the summer, items began to be piled around and on top of and I don't want them to spend an hour cleaning our garage just to get their stuff. I don't know how I feel about being the one to mow the yard, since I haven't done it in almost three years, but its getting too long and I don't want it looking awful all weekend, and since my husband can barely make it to the kitchen before getting queasy, I figured it would be best if he didn't do it.

So here's to feeling better, new cardigans, hotels and brownies. Have a great weekend!

No comments: