Sunday, August 30, 2009

Shopping with a side of lobster.

Friday afternoon Paul and I took off from work early and headed out to Frisco, Texas. I was glad to get out of town early as the week had been long and there is absolutely nothing better than beating I-35 traffic on a Friday afternoon. We checked into our hotel room and then spent the evening at IKEA where we bought little items, but items I love, and having dinner at Mattito's, which was delicious, and apparently very well loved by the entire city of Frisco as evidenced by the large crowd. Against our better judgment, we stopped off at a local frozen custard dive and indulged in dessert, which wasn't spectacular, but custard nevertheless.

Saturday morning we slept in, for the first time in years, had ourselves some breakfast and then went and splurged at some of our favorite stores. We made out like bandits at just about every store and we are coming home with way too many clothes. Not that I am complaining, I'm just saying. (That's my new catch phrase, "I'm just saying..."). We spent the early afternoon trucking down the highway to Wichita Falls (where I grew up) and spent the evening hanging out with my parents. I love coming to visit my family and am still in that phase where I am figuring out how funny and cool they are.

We laughed until it hurt at lunch today and, get ready for this people, I tried shell fish for the first time in my life. The extent of fish I have consumed in my life has included deep fried catfish (very little), salmon patties (made by my mom) and tuna fish salad sandwiches, the end. Until today. Today, I tried lobster, shrimp, both grilled and fried, crab meat and rainbow trout. It was an adventurous lunch hour for me. It was all fine, not thrilling but I'll probably try and phase myself into fish. I said, probably. I think I am just going to lump all of those into one item, "shellfish", for my list. No need to limit the other items I need to try...

Three day work week, here I come. Then Michigan. Ah, Michigan.

No comments: