Thursday, August 13, 2009

Favorite Things - Passion Tea Lemonade

What I wouldn't do for one of these right now. I typically don't like buying coffee at Starbucks as coffee is something that I am fully capable of creating myself. But this little beauty, I can't make and therefore have no problem shelling out four dollars for. Mmmm Passion Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade (sweetened of course). Now if only they didn't have a crappy business model last year when they proceeded to close the newly opened one across the street from my office.


Last night we picked up the dry cleaning (from the ghetto), gorged ourselves on Taco Bueno (which will always be one of my favorite things, no matter how great of a cook I become) and then got ourselves to the grocery store to pick up some last minute ingredients for the week. I needed to bake magic bars for the United Way bake sale and prepare dinner for this evening all while getting the house picked up so that it could be cleaned thouroughly. My mom and brother are incredibly allergic to our home (i.e. cats) and any hair in the house just kills both of them. So I had a lot to do. Instead of making progress, we hit the gas in reverse as hard as possible. I wanted to purge instead of clean and so the one room that had been completely clean is now covered in all sorts of things from the office. What a mess. I will need the whole weekend to get everything in good shape.

At the end of the night, even though there was still stuff strewn all over the room, I plopped down on the futon and re-read my post about blogging and Xanga, and it made me want to pull up the old site and start perusing my old posts. I giggled at some, rolled my eyes at others and had a few of those cringe moments. I was so close to getting all the way through the posts (three months left) when I realized it was 11:30 and I needed to go to bed in order to get up for work. So tonight, I'll be reivewing the first three months, copying what I love and then probably finding the deactivation button. I forgot that even though there would be sweet memories in there and things that would make my heart flutter, there would also be things that would hurt and that I would want to get rid of. So I am editing my history a little bit, keeping the things I love and deleting the things I don't.

No comments: