Saturday, August 8, 2009

Big Truck Tacos and Julie & Julia

We started the morning by waking up on our own time. Well, the cats' time actually. They are very fat and love to eat and at 6:30 in the morning at that. So after they were fed and we drifted back to sleep, then we woke up on our own time. After a few minutes of stretching and getting dressed we left the house in search of breakfast. It was a beautiful morning. It was the temperature I wished it would have stayed all day but alas, 20 degrees later, I am sitting in the television room dreading the fact that I picked a meal we have to prepare outside on the grill. Back to breakfast. We walked the two blocks it takes us to get to the newest restaurant in our neck of the woods, Big Truck Tacos.


As for the name, the owners went to LA to buy a truck to serve tacos out of around town and decided to also open a restaurant to compliment their new truck/food business. Great idea. This is now one of our many favorite local restaurants (yes, after one trip I am willing to include it) and it will probably get more of our business than Iguana, due to location. The breakfast tacos were delicious and I can't wait to try dinner there soon.


After breakfast we took the short trip home and immediately jumped in the car to go look for garage sales. We came upon two very sad looking sales and decided to just keep going. We made our way up north and caught an early showing of Julie & Julia as I had planned. Adorable. I really liked the movie not only for the food but for the back story line. I felt like it accurately portrayed so many things about life and marriage and perception. I, like Urban Grace, also loved the set design. I love seeing sets that have had a lot of thought and design put into them. I have always thought it would be interesting to be a movie set designer. So again, cute movie, go see it if you like chick flicks.

Paul then suggested we go looking for an old fashioned picnic basket (and I suggested a new vase for my future plans of marking things off of my list). We found both and are now planning for our old fashioned picnic to occur tomorrow night for dinner. Planning for it has been fun and I can't wait to have another picnic. It's nice to be away from the TV, phones and all of our other modern day distractions. We are spending the evening watching bad television, grilling steak on the trusty Weber and cleaning/prepping the bathroom floor for the floor paint it is about to receive tomorrow afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE BTT, and I've only been there once. I can't wait to try the churiso at breakfast :)

jodimichelle said...

I love it! sounds fantastic :)