Friday, July 17, 2009

Who ever said that pleasure wasn't functional?

Who doesn’t love a good tote bag? I bought this bag at Tigertree in Columbus, OH when I was there for a wedding. It’s an Orla Kiely bag and I absolutely love it. I’ve only carried it a few times since I bought it but the enthusiasm that everyone is showing towards it today only validates my love for the inanimate object. Its vinyl so dirt and mess wipe right off and its super sturdy. It’s a really great bag to travel with.



I got on the website today to find there is a sale on the Etc. line in both bags and accessories so now I really want to buy the wallet I was eyeing too. Not that I need another wallet since my sweet husband bought me two for Valentines Day. But I still think this wallet would look great in my hand. Yep, I can see it now.
Funny story. Ok, maybe not funny but true.
I bought the book Cold Tangerines as you read previously and I have loved every moment of it so far. Turns out the author lived in Grand Rapids (close to my beloved Holland, MI) for awhile and worked for a church that some of our friends like to attend. I looked up her website a little while ago and was scanning through some of her old blog posts when I ran across an article about an Orla Kiely bag she had just bought. It’s the same style as mine but I think the medium tote and not the large. Made me smile. Ok, stupid story.
Alright, moving on. Remember when I was talking about Jeni’s Ice Cream? Well my sister-in-law Jenn, who is pregnant, was craving some ice cream and was thinking about our trip to Jeni’s. (You would think I was obsessed with my one trip to Columbus after reading what I’ve posted on this blog so far, huh?) Well instead of getting up and going to get some ice cream (and there is plenty of it in Holland), she said she looked it up on the internet for hours and found the recipe to my favorite flavor! I guess the Jeni did an article with Food and Wine and now i’m trying to figure out how I can get my hands on an ice cream maker quickly so I can try the recipe.
Maybe we'll make a trip to Williams-Sonoma this weekend. The last thing I need is another kitchen appliance that I am not going to use very often but if the recipe turned out well, I could see myself using it quite a bit. Maybe i'll just scrap the whole idea and go to Orange Tree instead.

2 comments:

jodimichelle said...

Ah the bag. I'm loving the bag. Are you enjoying the book??? I've read it twice now and can't put it on the shelf yet because I want to read it all over again.

Christa said...

Haha - Ah the bag. I loved your comment on Flickr too. I LOVE the book. I have been so busy and distracted with work that I have only had time to get halfway through it but I am thinking about going back right now and reading the first half again before moving on to the second and then reading the second half twice. It is so encouraging but not cheesy and everything just applies, even when it doesn't.