Friday, January 14, 2011

2011: The year where EVERYTHING about our lives is going to change.

Resolutions. I don't hate them, I don't love them. They are what they are. Paul doesn't make them (and never has) but I try to at least put some thought into what I'd like to accomplish over the next year even if they aren't firm plans or goals. I'm never a fan of sharing them with people though. It's an open invitation for criticism on what's important to me and written proof that I failed when I don't achieve them. So why would I want anyone to know what they are? I had resolutions last year, some of them I met, some of them I didn't. For the ones I didn't meet, some of them became less important to me over the year and others I just lost track of time.

But for 2011, I think I have created a good mixture of concrete goals and some more subjective ones. Some are about our home, some are about our marriage. Some are about me physically, others about me emotionally. I especially like the second one. I think that's something that just might be achievable this year and not only that, it'll be probably my first one off the list.


Now pretend I'm writing this next part fourteen days ago:

So here is to 2011. A year where nothing will ever be the same and we'll be totally OK with it. 

No comments: