Thursday, June 24, 2010

If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance. ~Bern Williams

I haven't forgotten you exist blogger. I've just been busy. Really busy.

Last night Paul came into the living room bringing with him my new favorite around the house shorts, threw them at me and told me to come out front with him. Yes, I was half dressed. It was ten o'clock and I can do that.

So I pulled them on and headed out to the porch with the boy.

It was ten at night and still a sticky 84 degrees outside. We stood in the darkness on the porch for a second when I was just about to ask, "ok...so what are we doing?," when lightning flashed all over the sky to the north above the houses we were facing. All of a sudden the sky was full of clouds I hadn't been able to see just moments before. It was awesome. The lightning was fairly consistent so we both popped down on the porch stairs and watched it for awhile enjoying nighttime summer.

I started to pray in my head for the same thing I've been praying about for weeks, a request of sorts. I am sure God at this point is thinking "yea woman, I heard you the other 900 times you prayed for this - chill out". But before I got to the request in my head last night, the lightning hit again and I thought, how awesome is everything around us. The whole world all of a sudden was just mind boggling to me and I told God how awesome he was and left it at that.

We sat there for a little while longer talking until I started yawning (and shuddering from the idea that June Bugs would be flying around if the light was on). It was affirming, not just the amazing world around us part, but that Paul and I could sit, on OUR porch, and talk at ten at night, like grownups, because we're really not. Ha, if only.

No comments: