Sunday, May 2, 2010

done enough is good enough...for right now

Well, we've reached a "done enough" point with the kitchen.

There are still two shelves to build, stain and install on the wall with the oven, window coverings to make and a bookcase to find. But we have a usable kitchen that looks like it belongs in this house and that is a fabulous thing.

Instead of writing about everything we did this week, I think I'll just show you some of the highlights in photos.

Paul did yard work...


I put together a new TV stand for the front living room and a rug for the dining room using free tile samples from work and duct tape. I love them both but the fact that the rug was free places it just a little higher.

We painted our very dark red dining room a very gorgeous green. The red color was great, but the woodwork was red, the furniture was red and the room had such a lack of contrast. Not anymore.

Paul got the dishwasher situated into place on Monday night so that our counters could be installed...
which look so unbelievably good.

 
Paul built custom floating shelves that I stained and then he installed.

And we tiled and grouted a back splash with not a minute to spare, literally. 

Here we are again, Paul doing the part I didn't like, and I doing the part he didn't. He would install the mortar, I'd install the tile and the spacers.

 
And then it was time to start putting everything back together.

No comments: