Sunday, February 21, 2010

lamp shades, new shoes and a gaudy mirror

Yesterday Paul and I went on a search for lamp shades. Oklahoma City...you disappoint in this area. After multiple stops we finally came across a shade that worked for our antique lamps that we could live with. Well actually, we found a shade that worked, the end. We didn't really have a choice, it was the only black shade larger than 11" that we could find. Unfortunately, we were just replacing shades that have started to fall apart that we loved. They don't make them anymore, because they obviously fall apart. A black empire or drum shade with NO PLEATS shouldn't be that difficult to find, should it?!

We had lunch at Saturn (seem to be eating there a lot lately) and then hopped over to Shoe Gypsy where I joined the movement. I know my cousin would be so proud, she's a bit of a TOMS snob. I love them and would have worn them to church this morning if it hadn't been 30 degrees outside (and if they had matched my dress but that's a minor detail).
No worries, I'm wearing them now and have decided they compliment my Orla Kiely tote quite well. I mean talk about the perfect "weekend" combo.

We also bought a huge mirror to hang over the fireplace (with a gold frame, shocker, I know) to jump start the final stages of the living room design. It's been in a holding pattern for awhile and I'm ready to get it cleaned up, finished and make it usable (along with all those other rooms I mentioned previously). I've decided that I like gold, which for anyone that knows me well, knows this is a big deal. Turns out, my eclectic nature needs gold. Who would have thought?

1 comment:

Kishah said...

Great post!
I couldn't help but read your comment at sfgirlbybay and found your blog. I am from Holland, MI and absolutely love it there!!!!! Glad it's your favorite vacation spot! Woohoo! :)