Wednesday, October 21, 2009

honest sadness or determined happiness?

I am at place in my life where I am trying to decide if it is better to feel each and every emotion as fully as it can be felt or if I should choose to push past certain emotions and be determined to live a happier life all the time.

When I am depressed and cranky about something should I allow myself to feel depressed all the way through? Should I embrace that feeling and after I am finished with it move on to the next emotion needed? Or should I choose to be happy even though things make me sad, should I choose to be positive and happy?

I've seen people who do both and I don't know who I admire more. People who choose to live as honest as they feel or people who chose to make their life positive (and in turn it becomes that way).

Can you do both? Can you be a wishy-washy feeling expresser?

No comments: