Monday, October 19, 2009

Chardonnay, Pumpkin Ravioli & Patience

Tonight I'm feeling like I am a wife-extraordinaire. Gas, groceries and wine were bought, dinner was made, Paul was made to sit down and study and now I am about to finish cleaning the kitchen.

For the wine: I just needed a cheap, white, dry wine to make dinner with and so I ran by our local wine shop and picked up a Chardonnay by Darby & Joan. I'd be lying a little if I pretended like I didn't pick it up for its vintage/hippie label and the fact that it had the name Darby in it. I say I'm a wine snob, but I can pick wines just as Willie Nillie as the next person.

It's good, but not earth shattering. If you need something to cook with and want something to drink with while doing so, it works.

What was for dinner you ask? I made cheese ravioli with a pumpkin sage sauce. However, I didn't have sage so I used half rosemary and half thyme and I used wheat ravioli. Next time, I will have sage and I won't use the wheat, it had a funny texture. But it was delicious and I can't wait to make it again. Felt very fall-ish. And I made fruit salad with mandarin oranges, pineapple, kiwi and pomegranate. To which my husband made a comment about liking fruit salad only when the fruit was from the US. That boy doesn't know what he is missing. I'll eat the entire bowl in one sitting. I don't need him and his fruit prejudices in order to enjoy my meal.

On the note of pomegranate, am I the only one who thinks it looks like caviar? I've never had caviar and don't know if I ever will, but caviar looking pomegranate is one of my favorite fruits.

I am learning a lesson in patience right now. And learning to trust God and his all mighty plan. My status last night read, "Waiting on the Lord. Until then, I'll be in the bath". Tonight may be a repeat of that.

No comments: