Monday, August 10, 2009

faux finishing is a beeeeep

Apparently you can paint linoleum flooring. Now in two weeks I may have a different opinion on the whole matter but as of today, it is doable and looks good. We painted a base coat yesterday and I couldn't say that I loved it but it wasn't any worse than the original linoleum that was down. We decided it was a little flat and that we would faux finish it with the darker color we used in the kitchen and office a few years ago. Bad idea. Bad, bad idea. After a few choice expletives we got the floor blended and we both like the color but I refuse to look at it again until it has dried. My arms are quivering from the pressure I had to put on the rollers to do the blending and the sheer thought that it might look awful is enough to keep me at bay for a little bit. I'll post pictures when we've decided we're finished with it.

UPDATE: It looked awful and blotchy, so we painted over it again.

On a completely unrelated note, our cherry lambic sorbet turned out great but is not as pretty of a color as the photo or the real thing in the store. May have been my cherries but I may just add some red food coloring next time.

No comments: